Thursday, February 23, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoos!

Within a couple weeks of these new cream shadows hitting the market, beauty gurus were going crazy over them. While many had a hard time finding these shadows (especially the shade Tough as Taupe), I luckily saw these at my CVS the day they were released back in December and picked two of them up.

Though I'm quite skeptical when it comes to cream eyeshadows (Stila Smudge Pots are the ONLY cream shadows I've ever really loved), I found myself falling in love with these shadows. They have been compared numerous times to the MAC Paint Pots (which I've yet to try) and they're much more affordable! MAC Paint Pots retail for $17.50, while these Maybelline Color Tattoos will cost you around $5.59 to $7 (depending on where you buy them). And get this, they don't crease! (Seriously.)



I purchased Tough as Taupe, which is a matte (!) taupe (think of a rather purple and gray taupe, not much brown in this one) and Bold Gold which is your standard gold. 

Bold Gold on left, Tough as Taupe on right

These shadows are amazing quality and for the price, you really can't beat it. I will say I prefer the texture of Tough as Taupe over Bold Gold. While both are outstanding, Tough as Taupe seems a little more opaque and a little more smooth than Bold Gold, which, as you can kind of pick up from the photograph, is not quite as smooth. (But don't worry, Bold Gold is still 100% worth the cash!) Just a quick final note, these are marketed to last for 24 hours. I've only used them for about 13 hours at a time, so I can't say if they last the full 24, but I feel it is very rare that we need to wear eye shadow for 24 hours straight anyway!

What do you all think? Have any of you tried these out yet or are you not into the hype surrounding them?

2 comments:

  1. These look great, looking forward to trying them!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely give them a shot when you get the chance! Also, I adore your blog! I followed it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...