Saturday, July 14, 2012

July Birchbox ♡ Glamour Magazine!

This month, Birchbox teamed up with Glamour Magazine to create a box designed to tickle each of your senses. If you're not familiar with Birchbox, it's basically a $10-a-month subscription service that comes to your door near the middle of every month. You can expect 4-5 deluxe beauty samples, though sometimes you'll end up with teeny, tiny samples and sometimes you'll snag amazing full-sized products. I was especially excited to open my box this month, because Birchbox tends to have better (and more full-sized) products when they're teaming up with someone else.


There were a total of six products in my box this month (four beauty items and two lifestyle extras) For those of you unfamiliar with Birchbox, they often include "Lifestyle Extras" in their boxes, jut to add a little more value and depth to your box. This month, the lifestyle extras were a tin of Tea Forte mints and specially-designed Birchbox/Glamour earbuds. Though I've yet to try the mints (I'm not a fan of tea or anything tea-flavored), the earbuds were an adorable touch to the box. Check out glamour.com/spotify for Glamour's perfect "getting pretty" playlist.

 Aside from the adorable little lifestyle extras, I managed to get some decent products in my box. Though I wasn't too impressed with the Harvey Prince perfume sample and Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum (decent products, but small sizes), I was pleasantly surprised by the Color Club nail polish and Eyeko Eyeliner. Instead of a full-size polish, there was a miniature minty green/turquoise Color Club nail polish in the shade Blue-Ming. For those unaware, I am a nail polish addict and my nails are ALWAYS painted. The color was also absolutely superb, as it's probably my all-time favorite type of color (I'ma sucker for those minty hues). The Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner is full size (and retails for $15!) and fabulous. It features a long marker-like tip and a rather delicate brushstroke.




 Overall, I was pleased with this month's Birchbox. In general, I think Birchbox is one of the best monthly beauty box subscriptions out there. Though they have their hits and misses (as mostly all companies do), I've been subscribed for nearly a year and I anticipate keeping my subscription for awhile!

Have any of you tried out Birchbox? If so, what did you guys get in your box this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...