Friday, July 20, 2012

Sleek Makeup: Review + Swatches, Part 2!

Yesterday, I did a post talking about some Sleek products that I purchased. Sleek is a UK-based company that makes affordable, high-quality makeup. For the second part of my little spotlight on Sleek Makeup, I'm going to be talking about their Face Contour Kit, blushes, and lipsticks.

First up is the Sleek Face Contour Kit. I've heard a lot about various Sleek products from different beauty gurus, but I haven't heard much about this kit. There are three shades (Light, Medium, and Dark) and I opted for Medium. The bronzer is insanely pigmented. The first time I used this, I was shocked by how dark it was on my face. Of course with proper blending, it ended up looking great, but you really have to be careful with this one and if you can't decide between two different shades, go for the lighter one. Part of the reason I also decided on Medium was because of the gorgeous golden highlight color. I like the highlight because it looks really natural, though it wasn't spectacular or anything. You can pick up the duo for $10.




Next is the Blush by 3 in 'Pink Sprint'. As the name suggests, it's a trio of blushes in one, sleek compact. They have several color options for these palettes and because I'm a sucker for any overly-bright and pigmented makeup, I chose the brightest trio. The blushes are extremely bright and pigmented, so if you're just starting out with makeup, I'd steer clear of this. If you're comfortable with brighter blushes and know how to blend them to your advantage, give this baby a try! It's $15.99 for these three full-sized blushes.


Finally, I purchased one of the True Colour Lipsticks in the shade 'Candy Cane'. For only $6, I thought it was worth a try and I am so pleased that I decided to get this lipstick. It's so pigmented and smooth and just everything you could want in a lipstick. I wasn't sure what lipstick color I wanted, but as y'all know, I'm a sucker for bright makeup, especially a bold lip. When I was looking online for swatches of some of the lipsticks, I noticed a lovely blogger, fromnatalietoyou, comparing MAC 'Party Parrot' with Sleek 'Candy Cane. When I saw her swatches of the two, I was thrilled and promptly places the lipstick in my online shopping bag.



Overall, I love Sleek!! I'm trying to cut back on my shopping, as I'm moving in the next couple of months, but I can't wait to get my hands on some more of these Sleek products. Every product that I purchased was great and worth more than the low price tag on them.

Have you ever tried any of the Sleek products? Can you recommend some that I should try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...