Thursday, August 9, 2012

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils: Review + Swatches

Most of y'all have probably heard a thing or two about these NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. These pencils are cult favorites, specifically the shade Milk. You can find these pencils in basically any color and they are a staple for beauty addicts on a budget. For only $4.50 (and cheaper some places), they're a super value. Plus, there's a ton of product in the stick and it lasts for ages! As far as drugstore eyeshadow primers/bases go, NYX is my reigning champion.

Since I'm more of a neutral gal, I have four neutral shades to show you (including the ever popular Milk). While these can be used as cream eyeshadows or eyeliners, I prefer to use them as an eyeshadow base. These pencils really help to eliminate creasing and keep your eyeshadow in place longer. The warmth from your fingers helps to blend them out. I find that the shimmery shades are slightly smoother than the matte shades.


Milk (far left) is an opaque, pure white shade. Because you can put any color over this shade, it's hugely popular. Slapping some bold shadows on top of Milk is an essential for me, because the bright colors look even brighter over it. If you want a similar effect, but with a little bit of shimmer, Cottage Cheese (second from left) is your best bet. It's slightly sheerer than Milk. Yogurt (second from right) is one of those gorgeous pinkish, champagne colors that I personally love. This one is my favorites to wear alone or with soft neutrals. French Fries (far right) is a muted bronze that looks great with blended into the crease.

Overall, I'm a big fan of the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. Have you guys tried the jumbo pencils?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...