Sunday, November 4, 2012

Drugstore Haul!

I just moved to New York City last weekend (just in time to experience Hurricane Sandy, I might add, but no worries, I'm perfectly safe!) and I decided to stop by the drugstore to scope out the makeup that they offered, as opposed to my old town (which was seriously lacking).



Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk- I picked this up, because I needed something to help fight off humidity, even though it's pretty cold in the city, the subways are always a bit warm and my hair loves responding to that heat. I've used this several times since purchasing it and it isn't a miracle product, but it definitely helps and it keeps my hair feeling a bit softer

Jordana Fabuliner- This eyeliner has been on my wish list for months, but I could never seem to find it back in my old town. Luckily, when I was in a Duane Reade I found it! The girls from eleventhgorgeous raved about this numerous times and for $2, I figured it was worth a shot. It's one of those felt tip marker liners and I really like it. It works great and makes super precise lines. My only complaints are that it's not quite as black as some of my other liners and it isn't waterproof, but for $2, it really doesn't matter!

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation & Powder- I was in desperate need of a new foundation, as I've gotten a bit paler and the one I was previously using is too pale. Alas, the other foundation I was using until I got around to purchasing a new one was just looking too cakey, so I picked this one up (it was about $8 or $9, which is a fair price for a drugstore foundation). My best friend uses this one all the time, so i gave it a try and I love it! I got in in shade 125 and it matches perfectly and looks great on my skin. The powder (Also in shade 125) is decent, but nothing special. For days when I'm sweating and shopping for 6 or 7 hours at a time (which is really all I've done since moving here), I need a powder that will keep my skin looking semi-matte for longer than this one does.

NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup- I decided to give this try, because it was only $3 and I can't even tell you how I feel about the product. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if I'm just inept, but I have been trying for days to get the foundation of the bottle and I can not get it out. I've shaken it fiercely dozens of times and I've even tried slamming it against the floor and yet, nothing. Maybe I got a defective bottle?

Wet 'n Wild Fast Dry Nail Polish in "Happy Holidaze"- When checking out, I noticed a little display of Wet 'n Wild nail polishes and I was stunned when I saw this color! It's a teal/blue color with silvery, multi-reflective glitters in it. It's so pretty and since my most-worn nail polishes are composed of blue/teal/mint/green, I figured this would look great as an accent polish.

What are your favorite drugstore finds? Do you have any recommendations for what I should pick up next time?

1 comment:

  1. Cute haul!!!! the Fit Me foundation is AWESOME
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...